28 June 2006

The wheels on the bike go round and round ......

Out last night again for more savagery! I don't have the benefit of an altimeter but my legs were telling me that I was doing a lot of climbing. For those who know Kilbroney Park, Rostrevor I had two laps of the following: Ulster Way, Yellow Water, Red Bog, Ulster Way, Cloghmor Stone, Killowen, Giants Path. Light was fading so I knew it was time to go home!

Met some of the DH'ers off the MTBRider forum and ended up fixing Paddy's snapped gear cable with a spare I had in the Camelbak - must remember to replace it before the Transalp.

No rest for me this evening - back out to the local patch for more pain ........

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd! I'm knackered just reading your last few days training reports! So how long have you been training? And to think that you were once that eager yet unfit young man that I talked into getting a bike and hitting the heights all those years ago! Glad you stuck at it...even if you are a tad kamikaze on the downhills!
And isn't it just as well that us Fitzpatricks like our own space and quality time alone? Otherwise that wife of yours would have divorced you by now!

4:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paddy here Mac thanks for your help Your a gentleman wouldnt of got any more runs in if not for your help. Thanks again.
Been out this week sat mornin mon mornin tues ev an this mornin legs are like jelly but happy ,your lookin very quick the lads were comentin how fast you went up an when they seen you comin down past us in top gear even more shocked good luck and god bless Mac ...

1:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck Rowan - don't forget my wise words about peaks and troughs...
We will look after Annie and Jenna while your gone and Tony will finish the sun room.
We will keep an eye on your progress.
All the best,
Ciara and Tony

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home