13 July 2006

Time To Go

After months of training, around the Mournes, The Cooleys and anywhere else where I could find a hill, in the wind, rain and the odd bit of sun, the time has come to depart these shores for the 2006 Transalp Challenge. My cycling training finished up last Sunday and this week’s exercise consisted mainly of pushing my daughter around in her pram!

Hopefully at this stage of the game our bodies are prepared for the 22,000 vertical metres of climbing and the 700km cycling that lies ahead of us from the 15th to the 22nd July. One thing for sure is that the trails and the views will be the best we have ever experienced as mountain bikers and no doubt we will be boring everyone with Transalp stories for the foreseeable months!!

All I left to do at this stage is a massive thanks to my wife Annemarie and my daughter Jenna for putting up with the endless hours of training that I have been doing over the last 6 - 7 months for this and other events, to Sean Mac for so many days off work, to the “Bike Doctor” Sky for the constant maintenance on the Blur and to all my training buddies at Not The Sunday Run (www.notthesundayrun.com) – I’m starting to sound like an Oscar winner now so I’ll sign off and go catch the plane.

Adios

Rowan

P.S Remember to keep a constant check here for daily (hopefully!!) updates throughout the week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck lads,remember pain is gods way of telling you that you are alive, and by this time next week you will be mad alive! I'm expecting a good result from you and all at NTSRDC will be watching your progress.Enjoy.

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Hubby
Now... go hell for leather! but remember don't kill yourself, you've still got a sun-lounge to finish off! Good luck and Jenna still thinks you are up in the aeroplane. Wheres daddy? in aeroplane.
Luv ya.

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home